Friday, January 4, 2013

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

I got a Keurig for Christmas!! I love it!! Our bosses at work got one for the office gift, and I was telling Wade how much I love it. He tucked away that little nugget of information and shared it with my brother and sister-in-law and mom and step-dad when they inquired about what I might like this year. I was so suprised!



I've been pondering what it is about this handy appliance that I like so much? After all, I already have a tea kettle, a coffee pot, an espresso machine, and no more room on my counter. Before the Keurig, I was able to make every beverage that is offered in these cute little K-cups. I have discovered that what I LOVE most about my Keurig is how quickly I am able to enjoy one of these tasty beverages. Literally, in a matter of seconds, I am able to enjoy a fresh brewed cup of coffee.

Have you noticed that we are not very good at waiting for anything? We have drive- through restaurants, banks, pharmacies....and I recently even heard about drive- through churches. Wow! Isn't that missing the point of "not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together?"

I am not very good at waiting! We parents of special needs children know a little something about waiting. I've often made the comment that "If I had $1 for every hour I have spent in a waiting room, I'd be a rich woman!" I guess we shouldn't be suprised. They are, after all, called "Waiting Rooms" aren't they? I'd prefer to call them "Torture Chambers." If you're not sick when you get there, chances are that you will be when you leave.

God has something to say about waiting...there is great value in waiting!

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him." Isa. 30:18

"They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isa. 40:31

"I am still confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Ps. 27:13,14

There are some things that I've been waiting for a LONG time. And some of them I might not see happen this side of eternity, but I will continue to wait on the Lord. And I will trust Him to give me the grace to wait!

2 comments:

  1. John got a Keurig last Christmas from my parents and we both love it! We can never drink a full pot so it's perfect for us. I love that you're doing a blog and I look forward to following your posts and learning from your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, do you have any favorite K-cups that I should try?

      Delete