Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Mother's Love

We went to see "Les Miserables" last night. After reading so many positive comments about it, I could hardly wait! Our dear friend, President and CEO of World Relief, Stephan Bauman, had tweeted on Dec. 31st "Three times I wanted to kneel on the popcorned theater floor. The Gospel according to Victor Hugo." I concur, it was a spiritual experience!

There were so many inspirational scenes in the movie, and so many great messages about mercy, forgiveness, redemption...I could go on. But the part that moved me the most was the love of a mother. Anne Hathaway plays the part of Fantine, and there is nothing that this mother will not do to care for her little girl Cosette. There is a scene in the movie where Fantine is selling her hair, and even a tooth to feed her daughter another day. Love is an incredibly powerful thing!

I thought about how much I love my children. I love each of them equally, and it doesn't matter that only 2 of them are able to tell me verbally how much they love me back. The love I have for my children didn't come from me. I believe that God gives us a glimpse of His love by placing in our hearts a love so fierce that we would take a bullet for any one of our kids.


For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten son... John 3:16

Greater LOVE has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. Matt. 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment