Tuesday, October 22, 2013

He Never Lets Go

I have been distracted these past few days...I went to a conference in Houston with my mom last week entitled "The 14th Annual Chronic Illness and Disability:  Transition from Pediatric to Adult-Based Care Conference."  And though, it was a great event, filled with much useful information for the future, it planted a seed of fear in my heart.

You see, our precious Brianne turns 18 in May, and though I have been aware that some things will change at this significant milestone, I was either unaware (or in denial) as to how much will change as our "little girl" becomes an adult.  At some point during this transition between 18-21 years old EVERYTHING changes:  her doctors, her caregivers, her hospital, her insurance, her government benefits, her schooling, etc...

We even have to hire an attorney, and go to court to become her legal guardian...who knew?!  Well actually, that is one of the few things that I did know.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to become more informed as we begin this transition process.  I believe that in the end it will make the journey easier, but right now, it has left me with more questions than answers...

Will we be able to find an adult Primary Care Physician that loves and cares for Bri as well as our beloved Dr. Rogers? 

Will she continue to get the quality of care that she has received from TX Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and Children's Medical Center Dallas? 

What will she do when she "ages out" of the school system? 

Will we be able to afford her continued care? 

What if something happens to Wade or I? 

As I am tempted to worry myself to a frazzle, I am reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 6, verses 31-34,

So do not worry, saying "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

While I was jogging this morning, this Matt Redman song came on the radio, and I felt like the Lord was speaking it directly to me:

You Never Let Go

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

(Chorus)

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

(Chorus 2x's)

Instead of choosing fear and worry, I WILL CHOOSE to trust the Lord with Brianne's future!

I remember the early days of her life when I could not fathom how I would ever cope with all that was before me...I didn't know if she would survive?  And to be perfectly honest, I didn't know if I would survive?  And here we are, nearly 18 years later, because HE NEVER LET GO OF US!

Whatever you are facing today, I pray that the Lord will remind you (as He has reminded me) of His faithfulness in the past, and He will give you courage to face your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment